TURBOCHARGER CONSTRUCTION/OPERATION [MZ-CD 1.6 (Y6)]
• The MZ-CD 1.6 (Y6) engine has a turbocharger with variable turbine geometry.
• The bearings of the turbocharger are lubricated with engine oil.
• The guide vanes of the turbine are adjusted by the turbocharger vacuum motor, which is connected to the guide vanes using a lever.
• The correct vacuum is applied via the VBC solenoid valve to the turbocharger vacuum motor based on the current driving situation.
• The VBC solenoid valve is actuated by the PCM based on the input signal received from the MAP sensor.